There are 2 main Groups: Products and Concepts, both open to original works from individuals, enterprises, universities/colleges and institutions:
· The Product Group includes design works of products that have been commercially available for less than 2 years, or un-launched products for which prototypes or samples can be provided for the Second Evaluation and Final Evaluation.
· The Concept Group is for designs from all industries and sectors. Its purpose is to encourage cross-border innovation, without any limitations on form. Entries should include a physical prototype and video that explains their concepts in detail.
*The DIA Committee observes the right to adjust the group and category of entries.
We've set up four categories to cluster design into - both Groups (Product and Concept) can fall in the same entry category.
1. The Cultural Innovation category is open to products and services from the fields of souvenirs and gifts, stationery, packaging, fashion and clothing, tableware, furniture and lighting.
2. The Life Wisdom category recognizes the way we live as a driving force behind the ideas we create. This category is open to products and services from the fields of electronic and digital devices, household appliances, kitchenware and bathroom products, elderly care products, mother and baby products, personal care products, pets supplies, toys and musical instruments, sports and leisure products, disaster prevention and protection products.
3. The Industrial Equipment category looks at how production is evolving, and how new industries are emerging. This category includes transportation facilities, medical equipment, construction equipment, agriculture and forestry equipment, military equipment, office equipment, mechanical tools, robots and other products.
4. The Digital Economy category is open to products and services that can make use of data intelligence. This includes applications in smart city, smart mobility, smart business, smart medical care, smart education and community development, industrial IOT (internet of things), artificial intelligence and blockchain technology.